Visa is required to enter India. For every foreign citizen, it is necessary to have a signed passport with a validity of at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India. It must also contain two blank pages for stamping purpose of the Immigration officer along with a current visa to seek entry in India. In case, you are visiting any of the restricted areas like Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Sikkim, Ladakh and any other, then you require to have visa with specific permission. Please Note: In case, your travel includes a visit to Bhutan or Nepal, then you to return to India to take your international flight home or touring in India, you would have to apply for a multiple or double entry Indian visa. In addition, all the tourists will also need a visa to enter Bhutan and Nepal.
For more information on Visa and Passport related requirement, visit the website of the Government of India CLICK HERE.
e-Tourist Visa (Online Visa)
Recently Indian Government has added a new feature to the visa process, i.e. e-Tourist Visa. This facility allows the tourist coming to India to get visa online by filing the application form online.
- International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.
- Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent’s/Spouse’s Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
- Not available to International Travel Document Holders.
TOURIST VISA ON ARRIVAL : Government of India has introduced the ‘Tourist Visa on Arrival’ (enabled by Electronic Travel Authorization) facility for travelers coming to India from forty-three countries. This is actually a very restricted thirty day Single entry visa for arrival and departure from limited airports in India, please CLICK HERE to read detailed latest information.