All foreigners are required to have a Visa to enter India. Apart from a passport, which must be valid for at least six months after entry to India, you will need two blank pages for stamping you in and out of the country. In case you are visiting any of the restricted areas like Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Sikkim, Ladakh or any other, then you are required to have a visa with specific permission.
PLEASE NOTE: If your travel includes a visit to Bhutan or Nepal, and you then return to India to take your international flight home or plan on further touring in India, you would have to apply for a multiple or double entry Indian visa. In addition, all foreign tourists will also need a visa to enter Bhutan and Nepal.
For more information on Visa and Passport related requirement, visit the website of the Government of India CLICK HERE.
e-Tourist Visa (Online Visa)
Recently Indian Government has added a new feature to the visa process, i.e. e-Tourist Visa which allows the tourist coming to India to get visa online by filing the application form online.
- International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.
- Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent’s/Spouse’s Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
- Not available to International Travel Document Holders.
TOURIST VISA ON ARRIVAL : Government of India has introduced the ‘Tourist Visa on Arrival’ (enabled by Electronic Travel Authorization) facility for travelers coming to India from forty-three countries. This is actually a very restricted thirty day Single entry visa for arrival and departure from limited airports in India, please CLICK HERE to read detailed latest information.