Day 1: Arrive Delhi
- Arrive at Delhi Airport and our representative will welcome you and transfer you by car to your hotel, where you will check in for your first night in India.
Day 2: Delhi
Early morning start for your first yoga session on the rooftop of your hotel under the guidance of a professional instructor, who will tailor-make your class to you.
Breakfast at the hotel before heading to visit the key attractions in Delhi, including:
- The Red Fort, also known as “Lal Quila” which is considered to be the zenith of Mughal-empire architecture, initiated in 1526 by Shah Jahan (who also built the Taj Mahal).
- Jama Masjid – the largest mosque in India and the brainchild of Emperor Shah Jahan – constructed between 1644 and 1658 in red sandstone. It can hold up to 25,000 people at any one time for prayer.
- Qutab Minar – the “Tower of Victory” – a much-earlier landmark dating back to 1193, surrounded by a lush, green garden.
- After lunch, you will continue sightseeing, with a visit to Hamayun’s Tomb, the first garden-tomb in India – a mausoleum constructed in 1570 by the Mughal emperor Hamayun’s wife, Bega Begum.
- Overnight stay in Delhi.
Day 3: Delhi – Agra
Breakfast at your hotel, before departure. On arrival at Agra, check in to hotel, before heading off to visit some of the best sights in India including:
- Agra Fort – the red sandstone marvel on the banks of the River Yamuna – built by Emperor Akbar in 1566. Later in the day you will visit the world-famous Taj Mahal, built by Shah Jahan for his beloved wife Mumtaz. And, in the evening, you will once again have the chance to practice yoga with an experienced instructor. Overnight stay at Agra.
Please Note: Taj Mahal remains closed on Fridays.
Day 4: Agra – Fatehpur Sikri -Jaipur
- You will have a chance to re-visit Taj Mahal at sunrise before breakfast and your departure to Jaipur. On the way, visit Fatehpur Sikri – the fortified ancient city and one-time capital of Mughal Emperor Akbar, where you will also see Buland Darwaza, the largest victory gateway in the world. On arrival in Jaipur, check-in to hotel, ready for your next yoga session. Overnight stay in Jaipur
Day 5: Jaipur
Wake early for your yoga session on the rooftop of the hotel. After breakfast it is time for sightseeing in the legendary “Pink City” to include:
- Amber Fort known by the locals as “Amer” Fort, constructed in the 16th century by Raja Man Sing I, which attracts tourists from across the globe due to its unique architecture and extraordinary hilltop location overlooking Maota Lake.
- Jal Mahal, the legendary palace in the middle of Man Sagar Lake.
- Hawa Mahal, also called the “Palace of Winds” built by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh in 1799. This iconic building resembles a beehive, with more than 900 small windows, and is constructed of local pink and red sandstone.
- City Palace – no visit to the “Pink City” would be complete without a visit to the world-famous palace complex, conceived by Sawai Jai Singh II, featuring Mughal buildings and gardens; a museum that will enlighten you about life in Rajasthan; and the four famous doorways depicting the seasons, each guarded by members of the palace staff.
Overnight stay in Jaipur.
Day 6: Jaipur – Delhi and Departure
- Breakfast at hotel before leaving for Delhi, where you will be dropped at either the airport or your next hotel.