One of India’s most well-known cities, Agra is home to the Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World. The Taj Mahal is a romantic destination as well as an iconic monument. Guests can bring their significant others to enjoy each other’s company and admire the structure’s beauty there. Visitors shouldn’t miss taking pictures here.
However, Agra is more than just the Taj Mahal. It is likewise a city of craftsmanship, culture, history, and religion that brings numerous different attractions to the table. The following are some of Agra’s most popular destinations:
● Agra Stronghold: This massive red sandstone fort on the Yamuna River’s banks is a UNESCO world heritage site also known as Lal Qila or the Red Fort of Agra. It was constructed by Akbar, the emperor, and later expanded by his heirs. Within its walls are numerous gardens, halls, mosques, and palaces.
● The Tomb of Itimad-ud-Daulah: In the middle of the Persian Garden, Queen Noor Jahan constructed this tomb for her parents on the Yamuna River bank. It was built utilising yellow marble, with highly contrasting marble decoration, and was subsequently called the Child Taj. In terms of design and decoration, it is thought to be a model for the Taj Mahal.
● Sikri, Fatehpur: This town in the Agra district is a well-known tourist destination and is 40 km from Agra. It was established by Mughal Emperor Akbar as his capital city and served as a cultural and educational hub for 15 years. It is the location of numerous monuments, including the Jama Masjid, Buland Darwaza, Panch Mahal, and Salim Chisti’s Tomb.
● Bagh Mehtab: This is a nursery on the opposite bank of the stream Yamuna from the Taj Mahal. It was one of the 11 gardens along the river that Emperor Babur built. It is the ideal location for photography, and it affords a stunning sunrise and sunset view of the Taj Mahal.
● Akbar’s Burial chamber: This is the burial place of Mughal Ruler Akbar situated in Sikandra, around 10 km from Agra. It is a mix of Hindu and Islamic design and has a four-layered pyramid structure with a marble vault on top. A lovely garden with deer and peacocks surrounds it.
If you want to get a sense of Agra’s glorious past and present, these are some of the best places to visit in the city. You can likewise investigate different attractions, like the Jama Masjid, the Khas Mahal, the Moti Masjid, and the Chini ka Rauza. Agra is a city that will leave you enchanted with its magnificence and appeal!